I am currently breastfeeding my 8 month old son. It has completely changed the way I think about breasfeeding. I have heard some women don’t want to give up breasfeeding their children! Before I was a mother, I didn’t understand why. Now I do. Here is why….
1. Your body is providing your baby with nourishment. How cool is that?!
2. It is social time for them! (Babies love to smile and talk while they are having a snack.)
3. Breastfeeding is a bond that only your child and you share. (I like to think of it as Mommy and baby time.)
4. It has many health benefits that are long lasting.
5. The milk always fresh and the right temperature, when it comes directly from the tap.
6. Did you know breast milk has similar properties cannabis? (Cool!)
7. It tastes like sugar water.
8. Breastfeeding in public boosts your self esteem. (You have to be very confident to do this, and not give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks!)
We as mothers do whatever we can to provide. Even if it is not right from the tap. But I must say, I enjoy the special bond I have with my son because of breastfeeding. It has helped me to become a more confidant mother!